Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Purpose

Someone asked me why I am starting this robotics night.

To understand it would help if you new about HeatSync Labs. We call ourselves a Hackerspace. It's a community work-shop where people come to make pretty much anything they want.

Having access to tools, supplies, and especially people with a broad range of experience makes a huge difference in what you can learn.

With that context here is what I posted on our group about why I am starting the Robotics Night:
1. The librarian at this branch is interested in having a HeatSync booth at a larger upcoming event. I'm doing this instead since HeatSync is something you have to experience by making things, not just observing.

2. My HeatSync fanatic nephew lives in Queen Creek and it's not easy to bring him out frequently. So I'll bring this to him (He's really excited about it).

3. It would be nice to have more Hackerspaces in the valley. Things like this could be a step in that direction (not that I want to run a Hackerspace).

No comments:

Post a Comment