Thursday, August 8, 2013

Just wrapping up at HeatSync. I finished all the wheels and steering mounts on the laser cutter. These are for ten basic robots that I'm building for anyone new to robotics that show up.

Besides the Arduino Uno to control it they have 2 servos for driving and steering, and 3 photo-resistors. There are two modes. Cockroach mode which runs away if you shine a flashlight on it. Driving mode which uses two photo-resistors for left and right steering, and the third for driving it forward.

I've had a lot of help figuring out how to put these together and suggestions on other ways to use the sensors. We may be able to get line following working. If we add a tail light on one of the robots we might be able to play follow the leader.

Today was very busy and I look forward to seeing some of the people I met tonight at the event next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment